175 Good Works for Bible School Classes
1. ADAM AND EVE: Plant some house plants to be given to newcomers to the community or church, or to
2. CAIN AND ABEL: Write letters to be sent to a prison or juvenile home.
3. TOWER OF BABEL: Make invitations for your friends to come to Bible study so they can reach God through
the tower of scriptures.
4. NOAH AND THE ARK: Go out on the lawn and throw bread crumbs to the birds.
5. ABRAHAM AND SARAH MOVE: Make "Welcome to Our Town" cards to give newcomers.
6. ABRAHAM AND LOT DIVIDE THEIR LAND: Bring an item of clothing that is good to give away.
7. ABRAHAM AND SARAH HAVE A SON: Make and send cards to one or more parents in the newspaper who just
had a baby.
8. LOT/SODOM AND GOMORRAH: Bring some money to buy Bibles to give visitors or people in other nations.
9. HAGAR AND ISHMAEL WANDER: Bring some food to give to someone in need.
10. ABRAHAM OFFERS ISAAC: Sacrifice some clothing nd bring it to give someone in need.
11. ISAAC MARRIES REBECCA: Have a special prayer for everyone in your class for their future husband or wife,
whoever or wherever they may be.
12. ESAU SELLS HIS BIRTHRIGHT TO JACOB: Make scrapbooks of God's gifts to his children to send children in
13. JACOB DECEIVES ISAAC: Buy a Braille Bible for a blind person, or make a braille greeting card.
14. JACOB AND THE ANGELS ON THE LADDER: Make cards about heaven to send nursing home patients.
15. JACOB WORKS 14 YEARS FOR RACHAEL: Write a Christian or neighbor asking if you may do odd jobs all
week to pay for postage on clothing going to a missionary.
16. JOSEPH SOLD BY JEALOUS BROTHERS: Send a card to a friend who recently won something and tell them
you are glad.
17. JOSEPH INTERPRETS DREAMS IN JAIL: Send a letter or card to a prisoner or someone you may know who
just got out of jail.
18. THE SEVEN-YEAR FAMINE IN EGYPT: Bring food to give someone in need.
19. JOSEPH FORGIVES HIS BROTHERS: Write a letter or card to someone you treated you badly this week and
tell them you're sorry.
20. MOSES FOUND BY PHAROAH'S DAUGHTER: Send cards to someone with a new baby.
21. TEN PLAGUES ON EGYPT: Send tape recording to a missionary who is being persecuted.
22. QUAILS AND MANNA: Bring food for needy.
23. TABERNACLE BUILT: Make a model tabernacle.
24. TEN COMMANDMENTS: Write a note to your parents telling them you love and want to obey them in doing
25. NADAB AND ABIHU OFFER STRANGE FIRE: Write a letter to your elders telling them you want to always
follow God's way.
26. SPIES IN CANAAN: Make a welcome card for a newcomer.
27. BALAAM BLESSES ISRAEL INSTEAD OF ENEMY: Write a puppet play about standing alone for what Jesus
would want. Perform it for a younger class.
28. MOSES DIES AFTER 40 YEARS LEADING WANDERING JEWS: Make cards for elderly Christians thanking
them for being faithful so long.
29. TWO SPIES SENT INTO CANAAN: Make thank you cards for someone keeping foster children.
30. JOSHUA MARCHES AROUND JERICHO: Make bumper or window stickers about loving and following God or
about God's love and power.
31. ACHAN STEALS AND MAKES ISRAEL FALL IN BATTLE: Write a note to someone from whom you borrowed
something saying you'll return it this week.
32. SUN AND MOON STAND STILL: Make some overhead transparencies showing how science and the Bible
agree. Show them to your parents.
33. DEBORAH AND BARAK CONQUER CANAANITES: Make a poster about fighting sin.
34. GIDEON AND MIDIANITE MULTITUDE: Go somewhere where people walk by and hand them invitations to
35. SAMSON'S STRENGTH: Plan a class party that will build up Christianity.
36. RUTH MARRIES A PRINCE: Make a card to send a newly wed couple. Go to newspaper to find one if
37. SAMUEL BORN AND DEDICATED: Write this story as a play and put it on a tape recorder for a younger class.
38. SAUL ANOINTED KING: Write a letter to your mayor.
39. SAUL BECOMES ARROGANT AND DISOBEDIENT: Write a note to someone you disobeyed this week and say
you'll do better.
40. DAVID SECRETLY ANOINTED KING: Write a letter to the President or Prime Minister.
41. DAVID KILLS GOLIATH: Send an invitation to worship to a grown up.
42. SAUL TRIES TO KILL DAVID: Send a note to someone being treated badly for doing good.
43. DAVID BECOMES KING: Write a letter to someone with a lot of money and thank them for remaining Christian.
44. DAVID AND BATHSHEBA: If you have something that does not belong to you, write a note to the owner saying
you'll return it.
45. ABSALOM TRIES TO STEAL THE KINGDOM: Write a letter to your parents telling them you love them.
46. DAVID GIVES THRONE TO SOLOMON: Write someone you want to be like when you grow up.
47. SOLOMON CHOOSES WISDOM: Bring pictures of nature to send a missionary for their Bible class material.
48. THE TEMPLE IS BUILT: Make a model temple.
49. SOLOMON'S RICHES: Bring money to mail pictures to a missionary.
50. CIVIL WAR DIVIDES ISRAEL: Write a missionary in a war-torn land.
51. NORTHERN KINGDOM WORSHIPS CALF: Make a tape of your class singing and give it to a shut-in.
52. AHAB AND JEZEBEL STEAL A VINEYARD: Bring food for the needy.
53. ELIJAH DESTROYS BALL WORSHIPPERS: Record a devotional on tape and send or take it to a shut-in.
54. ELIJAH GOES TO HEAVEN IN CHARIOT OF FIRE: Write a sympathy/encouragement card to family of a
55. ELISHA INCREASES WIDOW'S OIL: Bring some food for needy.
56. ELISHA RAISES SHUNAMITE SON: Make sympathy card to family whose child has gone to heaven. Tell about
57.NAAMAN'S LEPROSY HEALED: Make a get-well card for someone.
58. INVISIBLE CHARIOTS CONQUER SAMARITANS AND SYRIANS: Send a letter to a serviceman away from
59. ASSYRIANS CAPTURE NORTHERN KINGDOM: Make as many invitations to church as possible to put on
doors of houses near the church building.
60. ASA DESTROYS IDOLS IN SOUTHERN KINGDOM: Make posters about today's idols.
61. JOASH SAVED FROM WICKED GRANDMOTHER: Write a letter or card to your grandmother who is nice to
62. JOASH REFORMS JUDAH AT 20: Do some cleaning work in or around your church building.
63. UZZIAH LEAVES GOD AND GETS LEPROSY: Send get-well cards.
64. AHAZ WORSHIPS IDOLS: Write a missionary who works in a country that has idols.
65. HEZEKIAH REOPENS THE TEMPLE: Clean part of the church building.
66. HEZEKIAH'S LIFE EXTENDED 15 YEARS: Make hospital tray favors.
67. MANASSEH MARTYRS ISAIAH: Write thank you letter to elders who lead us to stand up for right.
68. UZZIAH REFORMS JUDAH: Send church tracts to the parents of your friends.
69. JEHOIAKIM TRIES TO KILL JEREMIAH: Write thank-you letter to your minister.
70. EZRA REBUILDS TEMPLE: Do some work in the church building to fix it up.
71. NEHEMIAH REBUILDS JERUSALEM WALLS: Do some work on the church building lawn.
72. QUEEN ESTHER SAVES THE JEWS: Write a letter of appreciation to the elders' wives.
73. JOB SUFFERS PATIENTLY: Send get-well card to someone.
74. DAVID WRITES PSALMS: Sing and teach songs to a younger class.
75. SOLOMON WRITES PROVERBS: Make a scrap book about proverbs to send assisted-care home residents.
76. ISAIAH PROPHECIES CHRIST: Bring pictures to send a missionary to help teach about God to children
77. JEREMIAH JAILED FOR WARNING KINGS: Write a letter to the editor about our nation's need for God.
78. EZEKIEL SEES INTO HEAVEN: Write poems about heaven to send nursing home patients.
79. DANIEL AND FRIENDS REFUSE KING'S JUNK FOOD: Bring food for needy.
80. THREE MEN SAVED IN FURNACE: Write a missionary's children and encourage them.
81. WRITING ON THE WALL: Send invitations to Bible class to friends.
82. HOSEA DEPICTS UNFAITHFUL WIFE, ISRAEL: Make cards for newly weds.
83. JOEL PREDICTS HOLY SPIRIT: Make bookmarks for Bibles, the Sword of the Spirit.
84. AMOS WARNS ISRAEL OF DOOM: Write a letter to a friend who no longer comes to Bible class.
85. OBADIAH PREDICTS DOOM OF EDOMITES (ESAUITES): Write to a church in a mission area of the U.S. and
ask what it is like.
86. JONAH SWALLOWED BY FISH: Cut out pictures to send a missionary for Bible class materials.
87. MICAH PREDICTS JESUS BORN AT BETHLEHEM: Make a birthday card to send someone special.
88. NAHUM PREDICTS FALL OF NINEVEH: Write a prison ministry and ask what it is like working with ex-convicts.
89. HABAKKUK PREDICTS INVASION OF SOUTHERN KINGDOM: Write a congregation in a war-torn country and
90. ZEPHANIAH PREDICTS A FEW JEWS WILL RETURN: Call absentees on church office phone and tell them
you miss them.
91. HAGGAI ENCOURAGES REBUILDING TEMPLE: Make something for your church building.
92. ZECHARIAH ENCOURAGES REBUILDING TEMPLE: Redecorate classroom.
93. MALACHI PREDICTS ELIJAH (JOHN) WILL INTRODUCE SAVIOR: Write and record a skit and ask a local radio
station it if can be aired.
94. JESUS IS BORN: Make a toy or mobile for a baby.
95. JESUS TO TEMPLE AT 12: Write letter to your parents explaining how you love the church.
96. JESUS BAPTIZED: Examine the baptistery.
97. JESUS TEMPTED: Make a list of magazines you do not think should be sold at a local store and send it to the
98. FIRST MIRACLE IN CANA: Plan a snack and songs for younger class.
99. CLEANSES TEMPLE OF THIEVES: Bring money to buy Bibles for Eastern Europe or some other place where
Bibles are hard to find for purchase.
100. TALKS WITH SAMARITAN WOMAN: Send letter to children worshipping in another land and try to become pen
101. NOBLEMAN'S SON HEALED: Send favors to children's ward of hospital.
102. HEALS WITHERED HANDS ON SABBATH: Send cards to sick.
103. SENDS OUT APOSTLES BY TWOS: Write cards of appreciation to your deacons.
104. SERMON ON THE MOUNT: Make overhead transparencies describing different points in this sermon and ask
the preacher if they could be used in one of his sermons.
105. JOHN THE BAPTIST BEHEADED: Plan a class party with Christ-like things to do.
106. STORM CALMED: Make a scrap book of God's power over nature to give residents of an assisted-living
107. JAIRUS' DAUGHTER RAISED: Send favors or cards to children in the hospital.
108. 5000 FED: Bring food for needy.
109. TRANSFIGURATION: Bring money for Bibles to declare God's word for people in Eastern Europe or where ever
Bibles are hard to find.
110. SPEAKS IN PARABLES: Write present-day parables and ask if they can be put in bulletin.
111. GOOD SAMARITAN: Make love cards for children of a church with another nationality.
112. PRODIGAL SON: Make and send cards to someone in a juvenile home.
113. RICH YOUNG RULER: Bring a toy you enjoy to give children in the hospital.
114. RICH MAN AND LAZARUS: Bring clothes or food for needy.
115. TEN LEPERS HEALED: Send tray favors to a hospital.
116. BLIND MAN HEALED: Bring money for braille Bible or make a braille I Love You card.
117. LAZARUS RAISED FROM DEAD: Make sympathy card and talk about our resurrection in it.
118. ZACCHAEUS: Make a banner about Jesus' love and hang it in church lobby one week.
119. TRIUMPHAL ENTRY INTO JERUSALEM: Have sidewalk parade for a couple blocks, carrying banners and
singing or enter local town parade.
120. TEMPLE CLEANSED - WIDOW'S MITE: Bring money for Bibles.
121. PARABLE OF THE VIRGINS: Send cards to newly weds.
122. PARABLE OF THE TALENTS: Look through Christian college yearbooks or other picture sources to see what it
is like to be educated in that atmosphere.
123. LAST SUPPER: Examine elements of the Lord's Supper.
124. AGONY IN GETHSEMANE: Send a note to someone being treated badly for doing good.
125. JESUS' TRIAL: Write a local judge and thank him for being just and invite him to services.
126. JESUS CRUCIFIXION: Write poems about Jesus' death. Ask if they can be printed in the newspaper.
127. JESUS' RESURRECTION: Send sympathy cards and talk about heaven.
128. JESUS APPEARS TO DISCIPLES: Sing songs of Jesus on tape and send to a shut-in.
129. JESUS' ASSENSION TO HEAVEN: Pick a folk tune and make up words to it about Jesus going to heaven. Sing
it to a class of adults.
130. THE CHURCH BEGINS ON PENTECOST: Mark map of world showing where different major languages are
131. PETER AND JOHN IMPRISONED: Write a missionary working near or in a nation hostile to Christians.
132. ANANIAS AND SAPPHIRE: Bring money you earned his week to buy Bibles.
133. STEPHEN STONED: Write a missionary who works with Jews or Moslems.
134. ETHIOPIAN EUNUCH CONVERTED: Write a black preacher or congregation in Africa a thank-you note for their
135. SAUL CONVERTED: Write editor of a Christian magazine a thank-you note.
136. PETER RAISES DORCAS: Send letters of thank you to elderly Christian lady who helps others.
137. GENTILE CORNELIUS CONVERTED: Write a serviceman away from home.
138. JAMES KILLED, PETER IMPRISONED: Write someone in jail telling them Jesus loves them.
139. GOVERNOR OF CYPRUS CONVERTED: Write your governor/premier and say you are praying for him/her.
140. PAUL AND BARNABUS STONED AT LYSTRA: Write a missionary who was forced to leave a country for
141. THE MACEDONIAN CALL: Make invitations to worship to put up on grocery-store bulletin boards.
142. LYDIA CONVERTED: Bring material scraps for a quilt.
143. PHILIPPIAN JAILER CONVERTED: Write your Chief of Police and thank him for protecting you, and invite him to
144. PAUL PREACHES IN ATHENS BEFORE IDOLS: Write an airport and bus station to see if you could place some
145. DIANA IMAGES BURNED IN EPHESUS: Write a congregation in a country that has idols.
146. PAUL ARRESTED FOR PREACHING IN JERUSALEM: Pass out tracts at a place where people walk by.
147. PAUL BEFORE FELIX: Send a letter to a relative who is not a Christian explaining why Jesus loves them.
148. PAUL BEFORE FESTUS AND AGRIPPA: Write an advertisement for the newspaper asking people to come to
149. SHIP WRECKED: Send cookies to a serviceman, possibly in the Navy.
150. PAUL WRITES LETTERS IN PRISON FROM ROME: Write a letter to someone in a juvenile home telling them
God loves them.
151. ROMANS - SAVED BY GRACE: Write a new Christian telling them how happy you are for them.
152. 1 CORINTHIANS - BE MORAL AND LOVING: Write and act out a video taped skit about doing right when you
friends try to get you to do wrong.
153. 2 CORINTHIANS - FORGIVENESS: Send a note to someone who offended you and say you forgive them and
154. GALATIANS - FRUIT OF SPIRIT: Bring fruit, label them after the fruits of the Spirit, put them in a basket and
give to a widow.
155. EPHESIANS - ARMOR OF GOD: Draw pictures of the armor of God, and send them with a note to a Christian
156. PHILIPPIANS - VIRTUES: Make posters depicting each of the Christian virtues to be put on a bulletin board.
157. COLOSSIANS - JESUS' DIVINITY: Write poems about believing in Jesus and ask if they can be printed in the
158. 1 THESSALONIANS - CHRISTIANS' RESURRECTION: Make pictures of our resurrection to send to residents of
a nursing home.
159. 2 THESSALONIANS - FALSE TEACHERS: Write a newspaper ad telling people to read the Bible for
themselves, and to come to church.
160. 1 TIMOTHY - FAITHFUL MOTHER: Write a note of encouragement to a lady raising her children alone.
161. 2 TIMOTHY - FAITHFUL TO DEATH: Write an older Christian thanking them for remaining faithful all their lives.
162. TITUS - ELDERS AND DEACONS: Write the elders' and deacons' wives thanking them for assisting their
163. PHILEMON - RUNAWAY: Send notes about God's love to send to an organization working with teen runaways.
164. HEBREWS - LAW FULFILLED: Make transparencies comparing the Jewish and Christian (material and
spiritual) blessings and ask the preacher if he'd like to use them in a sermon.
165. JAMES - FAITH AND WORKS: Take photos of your class doing good works to send to local newspaper.
166. 1 PETER - PERSECUTION: Send notes about God's love to a juvenile home.
167. 2 PETER - FALSE TEACHERS: Sing a song about following the Bible and ask a local radio station if it can be
168. 1 JOHN - JESUS' IS GOD: Write thank-you notes to Jesus for coming to earth to show us how to live and ask if
they can be printed in the bulletin.
169. 2 JOHN - CHRISTIAN WOMAN: Send thank-you notes to Christian lady you know who does a lot of Christian
170. 3 JOHN - FELLOW WORKERS: Write notes to your elders thanking them for leading the congregation to help
171. JUDE - STAND UP FOR JESUS: Tape record songs about standing up for Jesus and send to a shut in.
172. TIMOTHY: Write encouragement notes to a woman raising her children alone.
173. TITUS: Write a thank-you note to your youth director or someone who helps the young people.
174. PHILEMON AND HIS RUNAWAY SLAVE: Contact an organization that works with runaways, and send them
notes for them saying God loves them.
175. JOHN ON THE ISLE OF PATMOS: Write poems about heaven and send them to residents of a nursing home.